My 6 steps to self care in 2020…
1. If it feels wrong, don’t do it: 2020 should be a year to do the right thing irrespective of the people involved or how high, powerful or mighty they might be in the society. You shouldn’t hesitate to reject anything that you feel has an air of “isn’t right slogan” printed boldly or even slightly on it.
Do not be afraid to say NO.
Do not be afraid to say YES.
Don’t be ever pushed to say YeS when you are meant to say NO.
2. Say exactly what you mean: Most people are fond of talking with both sides of the mouth without actually meaning any of the words they are able to finally utter. They would rather sit on the fence on an issue rather than say what they mean. In 2020, you have to be deliberately decisive and stand firm on what you believe. People will respect your opinion as time progresses to the end of the world.
3. Don’t be a people pleaser: Some people live and practically feed their whole existence on the validation, applause and recognition of other people. You can’t even please people most of the time and you will only kill yourself if you try too hard.
2020 looks too juicy to live your life in order to just please people that aren’t even loyal at the end of the day. You are only permitted to please two people…God and the lady/guy that stares back at you in a mirror. If your conscience is good with your action and God gives you a wink of approval in your spirit, GO AHEAD and do it. People will come around later.
4. Never speak bad about yourself: I have heard someone call herself a good for nothing idiot just because she failed in law school. You are what you say you are and the universe stamps your declaration and proclamation about your destiny and how you will want your life to pan out.
Be nice to yourself and be generous with your words of affirmation. I tell myself almost everytime that I am a genius and one of the greatest human beings that the world churned out in my time. Every day I see myself manifesting the traits I have been proclaiming all my life. Abigael is smart, beautiful, happy, wealthy with noble and brilliant ideas. She is just awesome!!!
Your words are powerful and your thoughts are like magnets. They attract whatsoever your heart desires hence, the need to think big, wide and far.
5. Let go of what you can’t control: My friend Efuru usually says life is a pot of beans and I believe her. I used to be so hard on myself and rarely forgive my actions whenever I did anything I considered stupid while growing up. There was a day I had an issue with someone and a third party in form of a panel was invited to settle the matter for us. We were asked to narrate what happened and the lady did justice to her explanation…she cooked up so many tales of woes that included lies, blackmail and outright black propaganda with the intention to tarnish my image. I was so dumbfounded that I couldn’t even utter a single sentence to defend myself.
I was just blank and emotionless during the supposed trial. The panel dismissed the case and I was pronounced guilty. I cried for several days and was depressed for long. I kept replying her in my head even after several days the incidence took place. I was literally talking to myself while washing, eating, lazying around or at any opportunity I could get to be alone. I regretted not speaking up or declaring my innocence when it would have mattered. It was like a thorn in my flesh which I carried around for a long time. I had to just forgive myself and reclaim my peace of mind when I realised that I shouldn’t continue to beat myself over an issue that I can’t control.
6. Stay away from drama and negativity: Negativity will suck you dry of all the hormones that controls happiness and block the pores that release good toxins into your system. Stay away. Infact, run away from daughters of Jezebel who have chosen negativity as a career path and have decided not to see anything good in what you do. Leave them with their bitterness and hatred and face your front. Dey your dey. You won’t die.
Never be caught in the web of overanalysing a situation, someone or something. It wouldn’t hurt to give the middle finger to anyone or anything that your placenta isn’t tied to. You are royal. You are precious. You are unique.
If you receive, sense or perceive a positive vibe from anyone…embrace it and return the favour. Trust your instincts and be in sync with your inner voice. You also have to love yourself and surround yourself with good and awesome people who will help to move your dreams, goals and aspirations to the permanent site.
Never give up on your dream…own it, chase it and romance it. You will be fine last last. Your slogan in 2020 should be positive vibes only….
#insipiration #motivation #selfadmiration #selflove #awesome #selfcare #nonegativity